Seeking a Literary Agent!

Karen is currently seeking representation in order to publish her memoir, The Other Woman.

Contact Karen using the form below.

This photo is of The Roofless Church, a world famous church in New Harmony, IN. The dome here is part of a beautiful walled 8 acre open space and Jane Blaffer Owen got press in the NYT for her amazing dream come true. Notice anything strange in this photo? And who's that young guy? Photo Credit: James K. Mellow, St. Louis MO

Aug 22, 2012

I did it! Other Woman writing joy!


20120820

I did it!

I had a huge pot of overcooked angel hair spaghetti; it sat for years, neglected. I finally dumped it all out today, and with surgical tools took out pieces of shoelaces, long strands of dental floss, three foot stools and an old tire.

Then, I rolled up my sleeves and grabbed that wet angel hair. I worked and worked to make a big ball, I squeezed and squished the mass, it squirmed and slid, we fought, I squashed it harder, harder, harder.

Now for the rolling pin. I pushed, I shoved, I balanced on my tiptoes to put all my weight on that rolling pin. Slowly, ever so slowly, it flattened, and flattened, and after hours of work, it was a thin sheet of pasta.

Now I could cut it up, and in each little segment I could put ingredients I know will be tasty, yes, yes, yes. She said yes. Thirteen hours later, yes, yes.

Tortellini! And I’m not even Italian!

It looks good, it smells good, I think it’s edible. Caution, I don’t have a certified commercial computer. The health dept. might extricate me.

But delete worked fine, google jumped in with both feet and added some pizzazz, and damn if
Chapter Eight, Slaves on the Plantation: How Good People Endured-Or Not
turned from a sad old disaster to a fresh plate of hot pasted words ready to be devoured.

Even got the nut job who was sure he was a Prophet of God worked into the dessert. The whipped cream topping was his firm belief that Napoleon Bonaparte was the second son of God, sent to crush other churches and only the nut case, aka Fr. George Rapp (who’s nut job followers built the house I lived in for over 6 years) and his celibate followers, the true Chosen, would get to hang out with JC any day now. You can’t make that shit up!

No comments:

Post a Comment